It’s taken quite a while for us to get here but we are proud to say Domus.ie now has Irelands first and only, fixed price Extension Cost Calculator. While other fields of industry and commerce have been able to embrace the explosion in on-line shopping, on-line analysis and on-line services, the construction industry has lagged far behind.
Irish designers, architects and planners, as well as many others, have often criticised the repetitive nature of Irelands urban housing stock as simple and unoriginal. What’s more is that most of these houses are built using materials of standard sizes, hence the 2.4m (8ft) high ceilings and maximum room span of 4m(13ft). The majority of these houses are built using the same type of foundations, with one of either 2 wall types. Roofing elements are also uniform across much of this housing stock with either concrete roof tiles or slate tiles. The list of repeated elements goes on and on…. So the question we’ve been asking is why can’t we price extension and refurbishment work to these properties in a similar standardised way. The truth is, WE can!
Based on input from you about different aspects of your property and how you would like an extension or refurbishment finished, not only can we give you a quote for a fixed price sum to do the works, but we can now give you that quote ON-LINE. And our quote doesn’t just cover the construction of your extension either. It covers alot more including:
- Your extension and/or refurbishment will be designed by a qualified architect, based on your options and finishes. He/She will advise you on issues such as light, privacy, scale and orientation if required.
- Your extension will be built by a reputable builder who has a proven track record, a tax clearance certificate and is VAT registered.
- Regular inspections are included as part of the quote and will ensure all the work is compliant with existing Building Regulations and adheres to all requirements for grant approval under the HRI (Home Renovation Incentive) scheme which allows for a €4,000 tax credit for works over €30,000 to your home.
- Our qualified architects have Professional Indemnity Insurance and our builders have Public Liability Insurance.
- We give you a starting date for the works and a completion date. If the completion date lapses the builder is fined on a daily basis and any financial benefit goes back into your pocket.
UncategorizedPosted in 3,155 comments